Re: [TowerTalk] 75/80 vertical

To: <donovanf@starpower.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75/80 vertical
From: "Tim Duffy K3LR" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:47:02 -0500
Gregg/Jim,

What Frank said below is right on target.

As another example:

The K3LR 80 meter verticals use the basic HyGain HyTower as their building
block. The original HyTower was 51 ft in total length (24 feet is Rohn BX
style tower). For use in my phased 4 squares - the converted HyTower - the
now single band 80 meter vertical - had its length extended to 75 feet
because of the severe taper going from tower to tubing. I accomplished this
with additional two inch tubing and greater lengths of smaller tubing.

Each vertical (8) measures 34 ohms +j0 at 3.510 MHz. They cover the entire
Phone and CW DX band when used in the 4 square Comtek  array with no
retuning needed. The performance is outstanding.

There are many pictures on my web site of this vertical construction.

73!
Tim K3LR

http://www.k3lr.com