Re: [TowerTalk] 67' vertical

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 67' vertical
From: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:20:51 -0400
I just got pricing from Bethlehem Aluminum for a nesting tubular
vertical.

.125" wall, 6061-T6,  in diameters from 2.25 to 1.00,  12' lengths
ran around
$225 plus tax.    That's without any clamps, cleanup, cuts or
shipping.   Quantity one.

Makes the radio vendor pricing look fairly reasonable, eh?

If you needed to UPS it to your site, you'd be constrained to 7'
lengths.

If I were building a 4 square, I might look at doing it with
Bethlehem, particularly
since they're only an hour away.   (they have distribution sites
around the NE, though).

But the DX Engineering base looks pretty snazzy.

N2EA