Re: [TowerTalk] 67' vertical

To: ab7r@cablespeed.com, Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 67' vertical
From: Greg - AB7R <ab7r@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:47:07 -0400
Talking about matching units.... I found this tuner from a company called
Consolidated Electronics out of NJ.  Its pretty old but in mint condition on
the
inside.  It's a big wx proof box containing a very large heavy duty coil
designe
for balanced output.  Has heavy duty waffer switches setup to select different
values from the available doorknob capacitors and can be remotely selected
using a
ledex motor and control cable.  Supposed to handle a KW AM and designed to
cover 3-
15 MHz using a 90ft dipole fed with ladderline to the tuner.

-------------------------
73,
Greg - AB7R
Whidbey Island WA
NA-065

On Mon Mar 23 13:37 , Richards  sent:

>Gotta double check , but when MFJ/Hy-Gain came out with their
>big sticks,  I believe Gulf Alpha discontinued theirs.   Had a nice email
>exchange with the owner about the economics of it all.  Nice guy.
>
>Too bad, too, as I was looking forward to the matching unit
>they were developing.   That got scrapped at the same time.
>
>Ask them at Gulf Alpha... to be sure, but that is what the owner told me
>a month or so ago.

>Greg - AB7R wrote:
>> Gulf Alpha antennas also make a very  nice one that is VERY hefty and a
>> great
design.  I
>> think I also paid $100 for it.  I particularly like its built-in stop block
>> so
that when