[TowerTalk] OT: Low power output on SSB from Elecraft K2

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] OT: Low power output on SSB from Elecraft K2
From: Gary Slagel <gdslagel@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 07:21:29 -0700 (PDT)
Hi guys,

Sorry for off topic post but I'd guess there's a wealth of knowledge on this
issue out there.

I'm a CW guy just getting ready to do some SSB work on the contest this
weekend.  I've got a 100W Elecraft K2 that I've had for a couple years and
really never paid attention to how it performed on SSB.  Yesterday I gave it a
try and the output power, as measured by an mfj cross needle antenna tuner,
peaked at around 20W on 20/15/10.  I know I can't really depend on the accuracy
of the mfj tuner for power readings but the same tuner shows around 70W on CW.

Does it seem reasonable for SSB to be that much lower then CW?

Thanks for comments!

Gary Slagel/N0SXX
Hot Springs, SD
http://marina.fortunecity.com/sanpedro/351