Re: [TowerTalk] Low Loss 400, You get what you pay for

To: "'Adam Shirley WJ4X'" <wj4x@amsat.org>, "'Steve Davis -Davis RF Co.'" <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Low Loss 400, You get what you pay for
From: "Michael Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:23:06 -0400
Alfredo, I bought a couple of rolls of the BURY FLEX here when I moved down
to Florida in 1998. I ran this cable from the operating position, through
the attic, and outside, into a cabinet with Poly Phasers, then up the tower.
Most of the runs are 130' or so. With the HEAT, HUMMIDITY, 73% of the days
are in bright SUN, SALT AIR ( right along TAMPA BAY), and summer RAIN and
tropical storms, the BURY FLEX looks as good today as it did the day I ran
it outside. The attics here in Florida likely average 120+ degrees on hot
days by the way. But with the heavy, thick jacket on this cable as well as
the flexible stranded center conductor, no worries.  I have some LMR-400
around and also bought some expensive LMR-600 to use on 220 and 432 yagis. I
was rather disappointed to say the LEAST at the tender outer jacket on that
cable.  At nearly $2 a foot I expected better. For HF to 2 meters I would
not hesitate to use the Bury Flex at all.  Good luck with whatever you
choose.  - Mike