Re: [TowerTalk] Tuning Antennas with the MFJ-259

To: AD5VJ Bob <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tuning Antennas with the MFJ-259
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 21:30:00 -0400
In my brief experience using my MFJ antenna analyzer, I have found it is
best to get your antenna as far away from objects, such as your
workbench, your back deck, the ground, trees, metal eavesdropping, etc.,
as possible.  If you lay your antenna on the ground, or on an object, or
even on the roof of your house, it will not show the correct SWR and
other readings pertinent to the tuning your antenna.  Try to set them -
even hang them from a ladder, or from a tree branch,  or do whatever you
can do to isolate them,  and put them in as close a position as you can
which is like the operating position they will be in permanently.

Just MY take...