Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC- needs improvement

To: towertalk@contesting.com, RLVZ@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC- needs improvement
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 08:20:01 EDT

In a message dated 4/5/2009 1:03:14 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  A few weeks ago, I posted an e-mail on how in dozens of side  by side
comparisons my single 40-m. 1/4 wave vertical near saltwater  worked at
least as
well, if not better, than a new Cushcraft XM-240  Shorty-Forty at  90' in all
directions the vertical looks over  saltwater: Europe, Africa,  and South
America.
Computer  modeling indicated that the Shorty Forty  should have about a 10dB
advantage over the vertical with  saltwater.

    W7RM (SK) who was on the leading edge of big  station building and was on
a beautiful bluff with a 300 degree  saltwater shot always said anecdotally
that saltwater was worth 10 dB by  itself.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC