[TowerTalk] Co-ax and Rotor Control cables inside PVC?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Co-ax and Rotor Control cables inside PVC?
From: Cal Zethmayr <w4gmh@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 12:06:11 -0400
I'm working on plans for my 110' tower to be installed early this summer.

Considering installing some thin wall PVC pipe inside one corner of the tower
from near the bottom to the area at the top where the rotor, and an Ameritron
coax switch box will be mounted.  Then put one run of LMR400 in it, the cables
for the rotor and switch box control.

Purpose: long term protection from any UV, weather etc.

Top of tower  will have a HF beam, 6 meter beam, and 2 meter quagi.

Anyone else ever tried this? any ideas or reasons (other than the cost) not to
try this?

Cal Zethmayr
W4GMH@cox.net