Re: [TowerTalk] Co-ax and Rotor Control cables inside PVC?

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Co-ax and Rotor Control cables inside PVC?
From: Steve Maki <StevesLists1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:41:53 -0400
Rick Karlquist wrote:

>> off being taped or strapped to a tower leg every few feet.  You
>> certainly don't want it hanging by the connectors and 110 feet is a lot
>> of load for one of the cable hangers.

> I have a number of coax and control cables hanging from my 106 ft
> crank up tower by Kellums grips.  Seems to work fine.

Most cables are fine up to about 200' hanging from a kellum or hoisting
grip if they are protected from the wind, as they would be in a PVC
tube, cellular monopole, or held laterally by crankup tower standoffs.

But I certainly wouldn't go to the trouble of running PVC tube up a
tower for UV protection.

Steve K8LX