Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical vs Beam

To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical vs Beam
From: "Bill Aycock" <billaycock@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 13:45:16 -0500
Mike-
Thanks, much. It is interesting that, as far as I can recall, yours is the
first reference (Directly) to the QST article. I had forgotten it (Senior
moment?) I must go back and re-read.
About the radials-- I saw an indirect reference that the radial field was an
FCC REQUIREMENT. (?)   I am not impressed by the expertise shown by the WWV
web site.
I still see (in my own mind) confusion in terminology concerning the terms,
1/2 wave monopole; 1/4 wave vertical with skirt;  1/2 wave vertical Dipole;
etc. I need to check some more in some Handbooks, and maybe Kraus.  More
re-reading.  It seems to me that calling their antennas "1/2 wave dipoles"
is incorrect.

Bill--W4BSG