Re: [TowerTalk] Gizmotchy's

To: WA6RKN <WA6RKN@ARRL.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gizmotchy's
From: Forrest Wolf <forrestw@gbis.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 09:42:53 -0700
I operated one of these & learned polarization shift on DX signals.
While on "horizontal" polarization, you'd see a dip in signal strength.
If you switched to "vertical" polarization at the null, the signal
strength would peak.

There is another similar antenna called the "Moonraker".  I operated one
as well.  Gamma match fed only with 4 full elements horiz & 4 full
elements vertical.  Same operation & same signal polarization
switching.  The vertical would be used for ground wave & you could
switch between horiz & vertical for DX.

73 de W7SG