Re: [TowerTalk] Window feed throughs

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Window feed throughs
From: <nz4o@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 17:05:25 -0400
Here in central Florida it's heat, humidity and insects in the summer that is
the big problem. In the winter it does get cold quite often but we only get
measureable snow once every twenty years on average.

I placed foam insulation in where the windows overlap plus clear packing tape.
Where the board meets the window I have foam weather proofing. I've had nothing
get in or out going on five years now.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o@tampabay.rr.com

NZ4O Amateur & SWL Radio Autobiography: http://www.nz4o.com

The problem in weathersealing this 'contraption' is NOT at the window
opening, it's at the place where the two window sections overlap.
Without adequate sealing there, the snow will blow right through that
'crack'.  (Spoken from experience.)
Best method is to replace the movable section of window with a large
Lexan sheet and seal it around every edge.  (been there, done that)
Don
N8DE