Re: [TowerTalk] Pull ropes in buried PVC

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pull ropes in buried PVC
From: Adam Shirley WJ4X <wj4x@amsat.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 07:52:36 -0400
I second the use of wire soap. It's cheap and won't damage the jacket.
You have to watch some petrochemicals as they will slowly erode the
plastic jacket on your coax.

As far as pulling the wires, I use a nylon fish tape, I use a mouse and
blow a pullstring into the pipe, then pull the fish tape in with the
string then pull the cable into the pipe.

I pulled 3 Buryflex, 1 LMR 400, and an 18 conductor 18awg cable in a 3"
pipe this way to my tower.

73!
  -Adam
   WJ4X