Re: [TowerTalk] Pull ropes in buried PVC

To: rex@lint.mv.com, daron@wilson.org, gathorne@traer.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pull ropes in buried PVC
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:28:12 EDT
Rex,

As a construction electrician with 26 years in the field, I respectfully
disagree with the use of this knot.  I have made thousands of cable pulls,
and,  I would use a kellum-type cable grip, with a swivel head.    Make
certain the cables grip fits the wires, without much slack, use some thin
tie-wire to help secure it, then, wrap with several wraps of electrical tape.
Use
liberal amounts of wire lubricant.

If you plan on adding anything to the run later, pull a #12 stranded THHN
wire in, to use as a pull wire later.  DO NOT use rope/string, as it will
burn into the cables later, if you decide to pull something else.

73- Chuck KI9A

In a message dated 4/15/2009 11:42:32 A.M. Central Daylight Time,