Re: [TowerTalk] Compacted vs. Undisturbed Soil

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Compacted vs. Undisturbed Soil
From: Scott McClements <kc2pih@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:56:46 -0400
I just installed a HDX572 myself. Back-fill can be the equivalent of
undistributed soil if its done properly and then tested.  The
contractor who gave me a 25,000$ quote to build a form, back fill and
then test the soil for undistributed conditions said that it was
better this way because the exact condition of the supporting soil
would then be known.

Ah, yeah, I just dug the hole to the correct size. It was 1/8 the
cost. Doing the hand shovel work down in a 8 foot hole is what makes
it dangerous and the reason most people want to build forms.

-Scott, WU2X