Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete Set Time

To: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <k9mk@flash.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete Set Time
From: "Dino Darling" <dino@kx6d.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 22:14:47 -0700
This is good information Mike.  In Colorado, we had winter concrete
blankets that would keep in the heat and stop the surface water from
freezing.  In the summer, burlap bags help keep in the moisture in the
dry climate of the Mile High City.

We were walking on slabs within hours of pouring, with the Soff Cut saw.
 Sooner with the ride-on trowels.

The concrete reaches adequate hardness in the first 24 hours (I don't
remember it ever being 7-days), and close to rated capacity in 28 or so.

I've know guys who mount their towers after the first 24, but I never
recommend that.  Patience is key!

Dino - KX6D