Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete Set Time

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>, <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete Set Time
From: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 08:13:06 -0500
Along the same lines as Steve's comments, an operator (aka the concrete
batch plant) might not know what 5Kpsi mix is.  However, they may recognize
it as 5 sack or 6 sack mix and using river rock (up to 1.5" size rock)
instead of stones or crushed gravel (typically 1/2" in size). Also suggest
you stay away from curing accelerants such as calcium chloride products...

  IMHO you should be able to stack the tower in 1-2 weeks but I would hold
off on the beams, mast , rotor and other until the concrete looses its green
hue and takes on a truly white chalky color.

MK