Re: [TowerTalk] Gluing rope

To: <n4zr@contesting.com>, "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gluing rope
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:28:12 -0400
Pete,

We use "ham" rope for our up-haul lines. I slip a 3" piece of heat swrink
over the old line, then using a propane torch fuse the ends of the old line
to the new line, let cool, file smooth, position the heat swrink over the
seam, apply heat. The new line is now ready to be hauled into position.

This method has been very successful for pulling up new lines from the
ground level.  You can test the strength of the seam on the ground, no
guessing if it will hold the weight of the new line, yet flexible enough to
make it around the pulley.

Good Luck,
dave
wa3gin