Re: [TowerTalk] Gluing rope

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gluing rope
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:05:47 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Pete,

Oops...   You forgot to mention that you're changing from 5/16 inch diameter to
1/4 inch diameter rope.

Forget about splicing the ropes, you should purchase new pulleys that are
properly sized for your new 1/4 inch rope and replace them too.  Otherwise your
new rope will wear out prematurely from being flattened out by a shieve that is
too wide to properly support the circumference of the rope.

73
Frank
W3LPL