Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Arms for Tri-Ex Crank-Up Towers

To: "jimlux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>, "Larry Essary" <larry@pulse.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Arms for Tri-Ex Crank-Up Towers
From: "Bill Winkis" <kc4pe@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:02:40 -0400
On my LM-70 I use three cables up..Co-ax...Rotor control cable...Quad band Switching cable...these cables cut to length are taped together very carefully in a straight triangle with no crossovers....they are feed into a length of "Braided 1 Inch Shield".....The Braided Shield is then pulled-stretched and grabs and locks onto the cable triangle...at the top of the tower the cable stand off arm is re-enforced, and at the point just below the cable turn toward the tower a "Large Cable Grip" is installed, with about an 8 inch grip/grab sleeve....the grip is made so the outside woven braid shield is grabbed and carries most of the cable weight. This way the vertical weight is being shared by the ..Braided sleeve and the three cables equally.... Because it is a very neat install...when the tower is retracted the cable coils up perfectly at the base...

-Bill
kc4pe@bellsouth.net

http://www.kc4pe.com/amateurshack.htm

----- Original Message ----- From: "jimlux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>