Re: [TowerTalk] Neverseize on rohn tower legs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Neverseize on rohn tower legs
From: "W3YY" <w3yy@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:55:09 -0000
Tony -

As previously noted, neverseize or not, you just need a ground crew to put a
little upward pressure on the section while someone is on the tower
assisting with the separation.  No big deal.  A tower jack or similar device
will help in difficult situations.

Now, if you want to do this without ground support, its more difficult.
Take off the bolts and go to the ground and put constant pressure on the
section yourself and tie it off, then go back up and wiggle it to free it.
Or, maybe hang some heavy weights (two bags of concrete) on the rope going
to the gin pole and go up and try to free the section.

Good luck.  I've assembled and disassembled tower sections single-handed,
but it's much easier if you can get some ground support.

73, Bob - W3YY