Re: [TowerTalk] Mixing concrete for a base

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mixing concrete for a base
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:38:50 EST
I did a qrz.com lookup for you and see you are in NC.  Most  places have a
5 yard minimum and either charge you for 5 yds whether or not you  use it.
A few may give a few bucks off, but the mud is going to be very  expensive
for a 2.2 yd load.

Mixing that much concret in a wheelbarrow sucks and to do it  right is
going take a long time.  I strongly recommend a mixer for about  $45 a day.
The
amount of gravel and sand you will have to bring to your  site is
formidable.  Then you have to unbload it from the truck and then  fill the
mixer.  To
mix and pour 2.2 yards with a helper should take no  more than half a day.

My recommendation:  Find some "honey dos" like a new walkway,  patio, etc.
to do at the same time so you can use a full 5 yd  delivery.  Better yet,
put up a second tower!

Bill KH7XS/K4XS