Re: [TowerTalk] Tilt Up Tower

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tilt Up Tower
From: "Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield" <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:33:53 -0500
Perry,

   I was thinking about running the rope over the roof anchored to the
truck.  Then have my block and tackle attached to the end of that rope.  I'm
hoping the rope on the roof and the truck never move, but provide a very
solid point to attach the block and tackle.  Then I was going to use a winch
with the block and tackle to pull the tower up.

   This seems better than trying to reinforce the attic wall in some way and
attaching the block and tackle to the high wall of the house.

   The remaining question is how do I attach the rope from the block and
tackle to the tower?  One place or multiple places?

   I will have to take pictures as there are few to zilch pictures of this
operation on the internet.

Thanks for All the help and 73,
Joe kk0sd