[TowerTalk] Re Plumbing a Tower

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re Plumbing a Tower
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:42:13 -0400
I use a transit and a Loos tension gauge.

John

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Plumbing a Towerl
From: "Mark Robinson" <markrob@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:19:54 -0400

I will be hooking up my first set of guys on my Rohn 45 tower tomorrow. When
I get the rest of the tower up (86 feet) and the second set of guys hooked,
I imagine that I will have to check the plumb of the tower as well as
setting the guy wire tension. How do people check the plumb. I could drop a
line down the middle of the tower from the top to the bottom and check the
distance from this line to the legs but I have had trouble in the past with
the wind blowing a plumb line like that.

Any advice and descriptions of the methods that other people have used would
be appreciated

73 Mark N1UK