Re: [TowerTalk] CC&R's

To: towertalk@contesting.com, thenewt@msn.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CC&R's
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 18:45:14 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/2010 1:31:28 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I am considering buying a piece of property which would  be perfect for
my 72
ft. tower and a couple antennas.  However when  the realtor pulled out the
CC&R's, the
following line was found :   "large satellite dishes and roof-mounted
television antennas
are not  allowed".

>  It does not specifically preclude a ham tower and  antennas but I'm
worried
that someone could cause a problem based on the  "spirit" of the line.
There is no HOA.
This was put in by the  original developer based on the city guidelines.

>  I'm  hoping someone on the list can tell me if I could have a problem or
if  I
need some lawyerly advice?

    Yes, you have a potential problem. Yes, you need  a legal advice.

    Another excellent way to start is to get a copy  of Fred Hopengarten's
(K1VR) zoning book. LOTS of info in there.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH