[TowerTalk] Divining rods

To: "Tower Talk" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Divining rods
From: "Bob Good" <k4bg@planters.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:30:31 -0400
Gents,  I too am a bit of a skeptic BUT last month in my front yard the
contractor burying Fiber showed up to mark existing lines.  I was totally taken
back when he breaks out two steel rods to locate my pvc water line.  He chose
this method over anything technical.  The rods swung and he pointed to the spot
on the ground and the spade hit its mark about 10 inches down, the water line.
Had I not witnessed this I would have put it in the category of the moon phases
determining how much dirt it takes to refill a hole.  Okay, it's been around
for ages.  Now why doesn't someone tell us how it works?  Is this another area
51?  Physics profs, Please step up to the plate.  It's your turn, yes?  Bob K4BG