Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 tower and base

To: "'Tommy Alderman'" <aldermant@windstream.net>, "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 tower and base
From: "Mike" <hinrgdj@centurylink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 21:05:52 -0500
Thanks Tommy,

The commercial "foundation" company crew brought a 30" auger, drilled the 4'
hole in less than 5 minutes, set a sonotube, dropped the spec'd rebar cage
in, c/lined the pier pin and I OMG set the base plate over and discovered
the fubar. Plan "B" is to now have them set a rectangular 36" square
(inside) 2'X6" form on grade centered around the 30" existing hole...they
will cut the 6" above grade sonotube down to grade level first and add
appropriate wire mesh or rebar in that 36" square form. Crossing my fingers
and knocking on wood....

73, Mike

  _____