[TowerTalk] Rohn 45 tower and base

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 tower and base
From: MIKE <hinrgdj@centurylink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 14:33:04 -0400 (EDT)
I am trying to get a 90ft 45G tower installed before winter sets in and the
required base in the mfg guide is a CB1, 30" round or square (more concrete).
Found out the hard way that the steel base plate hangs off the 30"circular pier
on two sides. Digging into an older Rohn catalog, I found in the fine print
that I require a 36" circular pier! Aside from this all the drawings I've found
specs the pier pin to be "centered" whether or not you use a round or square
form.
The 20"X24" concrete base plate pier pin hole is offset and the plate (and
tower) will not be centered over the c/l of the foundation. Am I missing
something here?

Thanks, Mike K4EAR