Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 tower and base

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 tower and base
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 03:40:54 -0400
What do you plan on putting on it and how do you plan on guying it?
Typically a guyed tower doesn't take all that much of a base.  As Mark
said, it's only to keep the tower from sinking. I'll add "or to keep the
base from moving sideways.

I've put up many 60 to 90' towers using what are called "dirt bases"
with a tribander and maybe a VHF/UHF set of antennas on top and never had
a problem with any of them.
With the 10' 45G I have now along with the large antennas I have about 2
yards under the tower and between 3 and 4 yards under each guy anchor.
It's guyed at 3 levels.

73

Roger (K8RI)