[TowerTalk] 160m vertical feed point impedance?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160m vertical feed point impedance?
From: "John" <fraz1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:29:57 -0600
I'm using an Autek RF-1 to attempt to measure ballpark impedance at the antenna
feed point.

The antenna is a coil loaded (50' level) 75' vertical, with 34 radials.  I read
116 ohms, which I question!  Even with the mediocre ground system, I think it
would be considerably lower than that.  At the end of a 100' foot run of 50 ohm
coax, the impedance reads 34 ohms.  That seems to be more likely correct?  I
inserted an un-un (38 ohm to 50 ohm) at the feed point and the impedance at the
end of the feed line is now reading 50 ohms.  SOOOOOO, it would appear the
impedance reading at the end of the coax is correct.

What do the gurus think?

Thanks, and 73 John W4II