Re: [TowerTalk] Non-sagging antenna elements

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Non-sagging antenna elements
From: N6FD <n6fd@hughes.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 10:58:09 -0800
What I suspected here was that when the wire antenna was put up, sag was
minimal.  Then it began to droop further as time went by.  This is due
to the wire lengthening under load.  I experienced this a lot in my
teenage ham days when I was using copper bell wire to build antennas.
And it does change the resonant frequency.  Eventually I had to replace
the wires when they stretched to the breaking point.  The other effects
of droop occur as well.

73, Erich
N6FD