Re: [TowerTalk] Sorry to bring up an oldie - Mast Material

To: Towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sorry to bring up an oldie - Mast Material
From: Bill <bmarx@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:26:10 -0500
During Hurricane Katrina we received winds up to 125 mph on the east
coast of Florida. A tree blew over onto my guy wires taking out my guyed
and bracketed 50 ft of Rohn 25G and destroying my KT34XA. The four foot
of Plumbing Schedule 40 water pipe extended from the top of the tower
was just fine.
Bill Marx W2CQ