Re: [TowerTalk] what comes with Yaesu 2800 rotor ???

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] what comes with Yaesu 2800 rotor ???
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:37:04 -0700
On 3/30/2011 3:00 AM, Charles Harpole wrote:
> What is the complete list of what comes standard in the box, specifically any
> 6-wire cable, and any stainless bolts???

No cable comes with the rotor.  You get a connector for each end of the
cable.

Conductor size required depends on how long your cable run is between
the controller and the rotor.  I have the smaller GX1000, which uses
five conductors, two of which run the rotor and three that indicate
position. The two that run the rotor need to be beefy enough that the IR
drop is not excessive.  My run is 350 ft, so I'm using #14.  #18 would
work fine for a 100 ft run.  The conductors sensing position can be much
smaller -- they are reading the position of the tap on a 500 ohm pot.
As I recall, the 2800 uses six conductors. Study the schematic to figure
out what you need.

73, Jim K9YC