[TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-4 question/band decoder

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-4 question/band decoder
From: "W7ZZ" <w7zz@wavecable.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 21:42:55 -0700
I'm building two automatic antenna switches now, one around the RCS-4 and the
other around the RCS-10, each based on the band decoder sold by Unified
Microsystems for $18.95.  http://www.unifiedmicro.com/decoder.html  Each will
take the BCD output from my Microham u2R which, in turn, takes the band data
from either DX Lab Suite or N1MM (the Yaesu protocol), and will automatically
change the antenna in use depending on the band selected by the radio/software.
 If I can design and build it, you can.  The only trick is, if you want the
antenna switch to switch both the Ameritron remote switch and a bandpass filter
such as the Dunestar, you may need two decoders with one having plus side
switching and one minus side switching, requiring Unified Microsystem's HSD9 as
well as the decoder.  Give the UM device a look.  73 W7ZZ