Re: [TowerTalk] Harness, Gorilla Hooks

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Harness, Gorilla Hooks
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:15:18 -0600
Almost every harness I see has a ring on the back.  The idea is to save
your life.  A fall from the tower with the ring on the front or back is
not going to be enjoyable.  I hope people do not have branches growing
close enough to a tower that would interfere with your fall arrest
equipment.

If you are unconscious and hanging by your legs your outlook is pretty
grim unless someone can get up to you quickly.

I would not use the hooks that do not have a locking mechanism as there
are too many things that could potentially knock them off.

Mike W0MU

J6/W0MU November 21 - December 1 2011 CQ WW DX CW
W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net