Re: [TowerTalk] An easy question for the experts on this list

To: "K. Alan Robbins" <lnmoose@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] An easy question for the experts on this list
From: "R. Morris" <robrk@nidhog.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 18:31:26 -0500
I'm not so sure a Ringo would be better than a dipole.

Most folks, at the bottom of the band, are horizontally polarized. (At
least their antennas)

Half wave dipole on 6 is 4.6 feet on a side. 10 feet of wire, staple gun
and broom stick.

Google Moxon antennas, with a trip to the PVC department of Lowe's, Home
Depot.

Ten bucks of stuff, make something, learn something, before buying some
questionable gadget off the back page.