Re: [TowerTalk] balanced line loss on a mismatched antenna

To: "Gary Slagel" <gdslagel@yahoo.com>, "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] balanced line loss on a mismatched antenna
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 19:11:08 -0500
Another thought...

Although you cannot vary the 450-ohm SWR, you can vary the line's 50-ohm SWR
by changing line length to possibly reach close to 50+j0 at the line input,
and perhaps without the need for the tuner.  The key to this exercise is
knowing the antenna feedpoint Z from EZNEC.  The rest is easy to solve.

Paul, W9AC