Re: [TowerTalk] tool to retrieve data and build HFTA profiles

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tool to retrieve data and build HFTA profiles
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:52:39 -0800
Jim, et al:

I've always used the links provided on the Radio Mobile website to
retrieve SRTM 1 arcsec data. It's been a while since I've retrieved any
data (I have most of the local area here on my hard drive), so I can't
vouch as to whether these links still work or not. Based on the link
URLs, it looks like VE2DBE (the Radio Mobile author) maintains his own
copies of many of the SRTM data products:

http://www.cplus.org/rmw/dataen.html

BTW, it's a bit cumbersome, but you can use Radio Mobile to generate 2-D
terrain profile inputs for HFTA. An more automated scheme for doing this
would be really nice.