Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor bolts for LM470

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor bolts for LM470
From: Jim Hoge <knowkode@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 20:02:03 -0700 (PDT)
Fastenal, www.fastenal.com is a good source for anchor bolts. You can either go
to your local store or order online. Online has the stock while the stores may
be hit and miss. As for a homebrew baseplate, be very careful. I have seen
baseplates bend when they were made from too thin of material or the anchor
bolts were too far from the tower legs. I would insist on a professionally
designed baseplate assembled by a certified welder. There's a lot of force
exerted on the baseplate for a freestanding tower. Compression isn't really the
issue but tension is- that's what ruined the baseplates I mentioned.

gl es be safe,
Jim W5QM