Re: [TowerTalk] Boots

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Boots
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:24:03 -0400
On 4/19/2012 9:18 AM, David Robbins wrote:
> look for ones with a heavy sole with steel support and good heel.  the steel
> support prevents rung foot, and the good heel to give it a good place to hook
> onto the rung.  if you can easily bend the sole near the arch with your hands
> you probably don't want it.

Heavy soles, but without deep cleats. Those can make climbing towers
like a 25G a PITA.
I wouldn't get work boots without steel toes. I still have all 10 as
does my son thanks to those.  He had a chain saw cut right to the steel
all the way across one.
You never know ahead of time when you are going to be glad you have them.

73

Roger (K8RI)