Re: [TowerTalk] Boots

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Boots
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:01:28 -0400
...Trouble with BOOTS, especially if you have big feet, is that you can't
put TWO feet ( and in my case both are the left kind) SIDE by SIDE on a Rohn
25 or similar gauge tower.  I have sort of 'sports shoe' that has a pretty
hard sole, with a low rise side and is about as light as a sneaker. This
doesn't work too bad and I don't feel like a parakeet when I get down. But,
I would like to see something just like this with a steel shank in the sole
for better arch protection. The toes being steel protected would not be
nearly as helpful to me. And like the others have said, might not work as
well.  - Mike