Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower work safety - Lyme Disease safety

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower work safety - Lyme Disease safety
From: W1YW@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:01:43 -0400 (EDT)
Well, I agree that tower and antenna work most certainly takes you into
territory that these ticks inhabit--if you live in a Lyme disease area. In
part,  this because deer hang out on the paths that we make; sleep there; hide
there. So if you live in a Lyme disease area, you may be more likely to be
infected doing antenna/tower work than, say, barbequeing dinner.

Perhaps the best advice is don't do any tower or antenna work without
wearing DEET; wear long pants taped at the boot; wear long sleeved shirts;
check
 for brown dots on your body after the antenna/tower work.

How's that OM:-)?

73,
Chip W1YW