Re: [TowerTalk] u clamp sizes for phyllistran?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, alsopb@nc.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] u clamp sizes for phyllistran?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 17:54:35 -0400 (EDT)
>  That's it.  Many years ago I installed a Glenn Martin  70' aluminum tower
which used 4000I philly and used cable  clamps.

    That was probably in the days before the Big Grips  were available.
Using cable clamps on the Phillystran led to cold-flow of the  aramid fibers
and a reduction in strength - a big problem. But you weren't  tensioning them
to the 400# you'd need for regular guys so your risk exposure  was pretty
small.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH