[TowerTalk] M2 40M4LLDD

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] M2 40M4LLDD
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 07:06:30 -0600
I have had a 40M4LLDD up for over 5 1/2 years. No problems, mechanically. I live in a windy location (20 MPH every day, and up to 75 MPH every year), but no ice.

One interesting issue is the SWR behavior at the band edges. If you look at the published SWR curves, you'll see that the SWR rises sharply just outside of the band. Those curves are correct for calm winds. However, even in a mild wind, the element spacing and shape change enough to push that knee of the curve into the band, resulting in high and varying SWR inside one of the band edges.

73,
Steve, N2IC