Re: [TowerTalk] Another Grounding Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Another Grounding Question
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 09:14:37 -0700
Joe,

Where is the main service disconnect switch and breaker panel? Are they on the pole or in the basement?

Mike W4EF............

On 9/6/2012 8:44 PM, Gary "Joe" Mayfield wrote:
I need to make one more grounding connection by bonding the tower grounds to
the electrical ground.

My power meter is on a light pole about 20 feet from my house.  The power
comes to the pole underground and then goes to the house underground as
well.  It just pops up out of the ground for the light and then the meter.

The power enters the house through a basement wall.

There is no obvious ground rod to be seen.  The pole has a bare wire running
from the meter into the ground.  I suspect it is attached to the bottom of
the pole.  If I bond the tower grounds to this wire have I done what I am
supposed to do?  If not what do folks suggest?

Thanks and 73,

Joe kk0sd