[TowerTalk] hardline bending radius

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] hardline bending radius
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 01:54:08 -0800
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 13:35:01 -0500 (EST)
From: K7LXC@aol.com
To: towertalk@contesting.com, jimlux@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] hardline bending radius

>> I recollect that the minimum bending radius for all coaxes is 6
times
> the diameter. For 1/2" RG-8, that'd be 3 inches.

> I think that's for coax with braided shield (the RG-8, RG-213) kind.

It's an Andrew standard for their non-braided coaxes.

Cheers,
Steve K7LXC
TOWER TECH

##  as a side note, if RFS brand heliax is used, the turning radius is one heck
of a lot less
than Andrew heliax.  The RFS stuff uses a corrugated cu center conductor as
well as the
either cu or AL  corrugated shield.  Andrew heliax uses a copper tube on it’s
7/8”  heliax...
and also on its 1.25”  heliax.   The RFS stuff is flexible.   IF you get the
version with the
AL corrugated shield, it’s also very very light.  That AL outer shield version
only comes
in 2 sizes, 7/8”  and also 1.25” .  It’s a lot cheaper than andrew....esp if
you get it at Davis RF.
And of course, 7-16 Dins are readily available for both sizes.  The RFS stuff
is a heck of a lot
easier to work with.

later........ Jim   VE7RF