Re: [TowerTalk] HamIV Rotor sluggish

To: dougn4ij@gmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HamIV Rotor sluggish
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 06:40:33 -0800 (PST)
Hi Doug,

Before you do anything, what is the wire resistance? The manual says the
maximum interconnect cable resistance is...

Terminals 1 & 2 = 0.8 ohm
Terminals 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 = 2.0 ohms

According to a nifty calculator spreadsheet
(http://www.rst-engr.com/rst/jimsdata/wirecalc.xls), to stay under those limits
at 275 feet, you should be using at least 14 AWG (0.696 ohms) and 20 AWG (1.759
ohms) wire respectively. If you're already there, look elsewhere. Several of
the othe suggestions sound good.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC