Re: [TowerTalk] The inertia of rest and the tilt over

To: "'Larry Loen'" <lwloen@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The inertia of rest and the tilt over
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:03:40 -0800
US Tower recommends a small jack to lift up the back corner and tilt it past
the center of gravity.  You'll need to fabricate some kind of bracket to fit
under the bottom of the tower if you can't find a jack low enough.  The jack
also prevents the tower from "clanging" down onto the base when you tilt it
back up!  I have a HDX 589, and I think the problem is that the raising
mechanism is on the back side of the tower.  That extra weight brings the
center of gravity closer to the back corner than to the center of the tower.

73,

Steve
N6SJ