Re: [TowerTalk] Off Center Fed Antennas

To: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Off Center Fed Antennas
From: "John Geiger" <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 02:02:02 -0000
Back when I first got on the air from my home QTH (we had a radio club at my junior high which I used for about a year before getting my own station), I had a Hy-Gain 14AVQ 40-10 meter vertical which I ground mounted. Didn't use any radials, didn't know I really needed them. Remember, I was a new novice and the internet wasn't around then. I just drove a ground rod into the ground and attached part of the vertical to that. Got DXCC plus using that antenna. I am convinced that it worked pretty well because I didn't know it wasn't supposed to work with that setup. Had lots of fun with a couple of end fed random wires after the vertical as well.

73 John AF5CC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>