Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G2800 SDX limited rotation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G2800 SDX limited rotation
From: "davidrobbins" <davidrobbins@ieee.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 11:21:38 +0000
If you are using the manual rocker switch then the controller shouldn't be
the problem, the only thing that should stop it when using that switch are
the limit switches.  You can double check that by using a 12v power supply
to turn the rotor, that would eliminate the controller.

I would monitor the current to the motor, when it stops if there is still
current then something is jammed, if there is no current then something is
opening the limit switch too soon.  In either case of course something is
broke and if you are using the rocker switch or 12v supply then it must be
in the rotor.